The practice complies with Data Protection and Access to Medical Records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services
- To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Primary Care Trust and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care. If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.
- The surgery uses a computer system and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you wish to view your medical records please put your request and reason for your request in writing and hand it in at reception.